Sunday, September 12, 2010

Reflecting on Blocks, Play-doh, and Finger Painting

          This art class we pretended as if we were 3 years old again. We fingerpainted and made towers out of blocks, and played with play-doh. When i had first touched the materials it felt really weird to have paint just carlessly on your hands.  At first i was tempted to pour paint everywhere but evntually i tried it and i felt so carless just throwing the paint everywhere on the paper and it being all messy all over my hands but what mattered was that i was making art and did not think about what anyone thought about it like. I remember when  always finger painted and played with play-doh and sometimes even ate the play-doh. I remember thinking to myself i believe its art if i like it and if someone else doesn't get it well they don't get me and my style. Today when throwing the paint on the page and building a tower and letting it fall and making a dinosaur out of play-doh. It brought me back to me knowing what the paint meant on the paper and what the dinosaur meant to me, although others may not get it, thats okay cause what you create is your uniqueness and what makes you true to you. I loved this art class and hope to do more stuff like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment